Although Facebook allows you to store as many messages as you want on their site, sometimes we feel the need to get rid of some of them because it’s time consuming to get through all the clutter. Sometimes is not even about having a cleaner inbox that’s easier to navigate and more enjoyable to look at, sometimes we just want to delete conversations and interactions that we had in the past with other users that didn’t go as well as we planned or wanted.
Whatever your reason may be we’re here to help you out and guide you through the entire process of getting rid of unwanted messages in a heartbeat. Learn how to easily delete messages from Facebook by following these steps:
How to Delete Messages from your Facebook Account
- Go to Facebook.com and login to your account if you haven’t already.
- After logging in click on the messages icon located at the top right corner of your screen.
- Then click on the “See All” link located at the bottom of the drop down menu that will show up as soon as you click on the messages icon that I mentioned in the previous step.
- Or, if you want to make the process even quicker in order to save a little bit more of your valuable time, then simply go directly to https://facebook.com/messages/
- Once you’re in your Facebook account’s email or messages dashboard select the message that you want to delete by clicking on any of the messages listed on the left hand column.
- After opening the message that you want to permanently erase click on the gear/actions icon located at the top right hand of the page, next to the “New Message” icon. Then click on the “Delete Conversation” or “Delete Messages” link.
- If you selected the “Delete Conversation” option, then simply click on the blue “Delete Conversation” button that will immediately appear in a pop up window. If you clicked on the “Delete Messages” link instead, then you’ll need to check the box of the message within the conversation that you want to get rid of and click “Delete”.
- And now simply click on the “Delete Message” button in the pop up window to erase the message permanently.
That’s it, that’s all there is to it! Hope you found this guide useful, if you have any problems or questions feel free to ask by leaving us a message in the comments section. And please don’t forget to share with your friends if you liked this.