Uber is a ridesharing service that has gained a lot of attention in recent years thanks to its many features, which help a lot of people around the world save time, save money, and even make money if they sign up to drive.
As a driver, you can make a nice monthly income by helping people in your city reach their destination. If you sign up as a driver, not only will you be able to make good money by working as an independent contractor, but you will also get to be your own boss and have the freedom to work whenever you want.
On the other hand, if you sign up as a rider, you’ll be able to easily find rides for any price and also any occasion by using features such as uberX, uberXL, UberSELECT, UberBLACK, UberSUV, UberLUX, and UberPOOL. The latter is a carpool service within the Uber app that allows you to get cheaper rides by sharing the total cost with other riders.
Here we’ll show both riders and drivers how to create an account, so if you’re really interested in getting started with the world’s most popular ride-sharing service just follow the steps below:
How to Sign Up for an Uber Driver Account
To create a driver account you can download the Uber Driver app and complete the registration process directly from there, or you can do it through their website if you want. Both methods are basically identical, so don’t fret about which one you should use.
The app is available for Android, iOS (iPhone/iPad), and Microsoft mobile devices, so if you prefer going the app route, download it now, and then follow these steps.
- If you’re not using the app to do this, then open your favorite web browser and go to https://uber.com/a/join/.
- Now enter your name in the first field of the registration form on the right side of your screen that looks like this:
- Enter your last name in the “Last Name” field.
- Enter your email address.
- Enter your phone number.
- Type in the name of the city where you live.
- Enter an invite code, if you have one, in the “Invite Code” field. This step is optional, so if you don’t have an invite code simply skip this one.
- Click “Submit”.
- Now on the next page check the box that says “I agree and acknowledge”, and then click on the “I ACCEPT/CONTINUE” button.
- Enter all the required information about you and your vehicle, and then click “Continue” in order to complete the registration process.
How to Sign Up as a Rider
As a rider you can also create an account through the app, which is available for Android, iOS, and Microsoft mobile devices as well, or you can sign up through Uber’s official website. If you want to create an account via the app, then go and download it now. After downloading and installing the app on your device, come back to this page and follow the steps below:
- Open the Uber app, enter your phone number and tap on the black arrow button at the bottom right.
- Enter the four digit code that you’ll receive via SMS instantly to confirm your number.
- Enter your email address and tap on the black arrow button again.
- Enter the password that you want to use to access your account and then fill out the registration form.
- Once you’re done filling out the registration form click “Continue” to create your new rider account.
As mentioned earlier, you can also sign up through the official website, to do so, follow these steps:
- Go to https://get.uber.com/sign-up/.
- Enter your email address and password in the first two fields.
- Then enter your profile information (full name, mobile number, and language).
- Enter your payment information.
- Enter a promotion code if you have one, if you don’t have one, don’t worry about it because as you probably already guessed it this step is OPTIONAL.
- Click on “Create Account”.
That’s it, now that you’ve created your Uber account, you can start hailing transportation services to get better and cheaper rides, or you can start making money right away by taking people where they want to go. The choice is yours, enjoy!