Making a YouTube account is easy, especially if you already have your own Google ID, because if you do, all you have to do is go to YouTube’s homepage, click on the “Sign In” button at the top right corner and then login with your Google account credentials to become a registered YouTube user without you having to do anything on your end. Google will simply pull all the information that you used when you signed up for Gmail to create a new YouTube account, and then it will link it to your existing username.
Now, I used Gmail in this example, because I know most people create a Google account for the first time right after signing up for Gmail, however, this same basic principle applies for all Google products and services, which means that as long as you have an ID, you’re good to go.
Things get a little bit more complicated when you want to keep your YouTube channel separate from your main Gmail or Google Plus account. In that case, you will have to create a brand new account at YouTube.com to accomplish such task. The end result will be you having more than one Google account, which is not recommended at all, because if you like to use Google products on your mobile device, then you will preferably want to have one single account to access all your Google apps properly and keep them synced.
Anyway, just follow the instructions below to learn how to make a new account on multiple devices and platforms.
How to Create a YouTube Account
- Open your web browser and go to YouTube.com.
- Click the “Sign In” button located at the top right corner of the page.
- Click “Create Account”.
- Fill out the registration form on the right.
- Click “Next Step”.
- Add a photo and then create your new profile.
- Tap on the three dots located at the top right corner of your phone’s screen to display the menu.
- Tap “Sign In”.
- Click “Add Account”.
- Tap on “New”.
- Follow the steps and fill out all the requested information to create your new account.
On The Mobile Site:
- Open up your phone or tablet’s web browser.
- Go to m.youtube.com.
- Tap on the play icon at the top left side of your screen.
- Click “Sign In”.
- Tap on “Create Account”.
- Fill out the registration form to get started right away.
According to Google’s YouTube help page there is currently no way to create a YouTube account through the iOS app. But you can follow the previous instructions to create a new Google account on the mobile site, basically through your iPhone or iPad’s browser.